As a loving father of two beautiful daughter, an amazing wife, two supportive and talented sisters and one lovely Mum, I would ask you to
If you cannot say anything nice, supportive, encouraging then don’t say it.
As a man I find it hard to define my role in this world with society ever changing. So a quick list of the to of my head to encourage men to be different and to find their feet in our ever changing society.
- Role model. To my family and friends and to the people around me. To show compassion, love and selflessness.
- Strength. Not physical strength. But inner strength to battle through life’s difficulties and to show strength in adversity.
- Honesty. To accept blame when I’m wrong and to be quick to say sorry.
- Bottom of the pile. To be there for my wife (my best friend) and to recognise that when I got married I placed her needs before my own. That when I had children I place their needs before my own.
- Simply to love. To show that it doesn’t matter whether you’re male or female, black or white, gay or not, disabled or not, I can be a friend to you and you can be a friend to me.
By no means difinitive but hopefully it will get the ball rolling. Any other ideas add them to the comments.
Thanks for reading.